Building Access

How to request access to WRP

Please request door access via the UCSC Keys authorization system at


      • Navigate in a web browser to

      • Login with your CruzID

      • On left menu bar, select the Request and Key Holder pages.

      • Click on Request tab

      • Fill in the form for the number of keys you are requesting; type the key or area of access you need to gain entry for. If you are unable to find the door or space you need access to, or you are experiencing issues with your current access, please email <>

            1. Please note that for approval to access Physical and Biological Sciences (PBSci) space you will need to contact PBSci Facilities Security Coordinator, Dylan Green <>

      • Fill in the date that your access should expire. Please input the time frame you expect to graduate or leave.

      • Enter your electronic ID badge number. This is a 5 or 6 digit number on the back of your photo ID card, found between the magnetic strip and the edge of the card. (see image below for reference)

Deactivating Key Card:

  • Please email <> and input in the Subject Line "DEACTIVATE KEY CARD <Employee Name, CruzID>" with a the final day of their employment in the body of the email.

  • Collect key card from employee on final day of employment and discard/shred key card.

For more information on ID Card Services, please visit their website here